Leave a Lifesaving Legacy
Did you know that in Wales:
● 1 person goes to A&E every 30 seconds suffering from chest pains.
● Over 700 people will lose their lives to heart and circulatory diseases each and every month.
● The survival rate for an Out of Hospital Cardiac Arrest (OHCA) without the use of a defibrillator is less than 1 in 10.
● At least 12 young people die every week in the UK from undiagnosed heart conditions.
The NHS spent over £446million in 2014/15 on heart and circulatory diseases, but too many lives are still lost to heart related conditions.
We're sure you will agree that something has to be done to tackle the leading cause of deaths in Wales.
Your Gift in a Will is essential for helping Calon make a difference to these harrowing statistics. Every penny that is raised in Wales stays in Wales and supports our vital work.
Your gift will become a lasting Legacy.
How will your legacy support us?
£85 - would pay for a young adult to get their heart screened (an ECG and Echocardiogram if needed)
£6,500 – could fund a heart screening session for 100 people aged 8-45 in Wales
Where there’s a Will there’s a way! Please remember Calon Heart Screening in your Will.
Five easy steps to leave a gift in your Will to Calon
- Seek legal advice
We always recommend that you seek independent legal advice when making any changes to any current Will or when making a Will for the first time or updating it to ensure it is legal and valid and that your wishes will be implemented. A full list of solicitors local to you can be found on the Law Society website (link)
- Updating a current Will
If you already have a Will you may be able to update it by using a codicil. A codicil allows you to supplement, amend or add to your existing Will. A solicitor will be able to advice you on suitable wording which will depend on the type of gift you would like to leave to Calon.
- Making a New Will
If you do not already have a Will or wish to update your current Will say due to a change in circumstances, then having a new Will prepared is the best way of ensuring that your wishes are honored after your death to ensure that your loved ones are provided for.
- What gift you would like to leave
Decide what type of gift you would like to leave to Calon. Of course you will wish to ensure that your family and friends come first and this is something that we would never want to change. Types of gift to Calon could be as follows:
- A simple cash gift – you can decide on a specific amount that you would like to leave to Calon;
- A gift of an item – for example, this could be an item of jewellery, a piece of furniture, a painting.
- A residuary gift – After providing for your family and friends and all other wishes, you can leave the remainder of your estate to Calon.
Calon appreciates all gifts however large or small as every penny that we receive will be put to good use achieving the aims of our charity and ultimately saving lives in Wales.
- Details of Calon Heart Screening
To leave a gift in your Will to Calon you need to ensure that the details of the Charity are clear and specific. The following details should be given to your solicitor:
Calon Heart Screening, White House Cottage, Cathedral Green, Llandaff, CF5 2EB